Vulcan Consulting is seeking an Account Manager with public affairs and communications experience to join our growing team in Dublin. The successful candidate will work across client accounts in the green energy, healthcare, financial services and technology sectors.
The Account Manager would become a key member of our team by developing strong relationships with clients and colleagues across the business (Dublin and Brussels). The successful candidate will have previous agency experience of managing client relationships and in delivering successful public affairs and communications campaigns. They will also be responsible for managing internal teams.
This role will have a public affairs and policy focus, and so knowledge of the European and Irish domestic public policy agenda will be necessary.
In addition to day-to-day client work, the successful candidate will assist Vulcan in identifying new business opportunities for our growing practice.
- Formulating and implementing successful, innovative public affairs and communications campaigns
- Developing a detailed knowledge of relevant policy and legislative/regulatory issues;
- Managing client events including responsibility for media relations
- Crafting effective press releases, media packs and messaging
- Providing strategic advice to clients and enhancing their engagement with key stakeholders including policy makers, the media and partners.
- Analysing media coverage and providing written reports
- Developing relationships with key media contacts at local, regional and national level;
- Helping clients to position their stories and messaging for print, online and broadcast channels
- Leveraging digital and social media channels
- Supporting new business activity including working on pitches and identifying new opportunities.
- Working closely with colleagues to monitor the policy landscape and identify risks and opportunities for clients
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role; Dublin-based consultancy/agency experience would be advantageous;
- A University degree (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Public Policy, Law etc.);
- Knowledge and experience of green energy, financial services, healthcare and/or technology sectors in Ireland. EU knowledge an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of the Irish policy landscape is necessary; and
- Experience of managing communications and public affairs campaigns and interacting with clients
- Experience in dealing with the media and using innovative ideas to create smart content on behalf of clients
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be highly organized and attentive to detail;
- Have a positive, can-do disposition;
- Be able to take initiative and demonstrate ambition;
- Be a team player and quick learner;
- Native or fluent in English
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team and dealing with multi-national clients.
- Exceptional writing skills and a flair for creative and innovative content
Generous remuneration and terms & conditions for a suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidate, with potential performance-related bonus and business development bonus.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 2nd November 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be then contacted for the next stage in the interview process which will include an opportunity to present evidence of your experience in managing successful communications and public affairs campaigns.