Graduate Programme 2021 (Dublin)
Role: Trainee (Graduate Programme)
Vulcan is continuing to expand its team by seeking an ambitious trainee to be based in our Dublin office. This role will also involve an element of remote working.
The trainee would become a key member of the client servicing team in Dublin and will primarily be assisting in supporting our wide range of multinational and domestic clients in the pharmaceutical, medical devices, energy, transport, technology, financial services and telehealth sectors.
Skills & Experience – The candidate must:
- Have a University degree (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. EU Affairs, International Relations, Communications, Public Affairs etc.);
- Have a demonstrable understanding of public policy in Ireland and the legislative process;
- Have a strong interest in Irish public affairs;
- Have excellent writing and research skills
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player and quick learner;
- Be able to take initiative and demonstrate proactiveness;
- Demonstrate an attention to detail;
- Native or fluent in English;
- Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Vulcan Consulting is pleased to be able to offer a new graduate the opportunity to gain deep insight into public affairs and the successful applicant will have significant exposure with the leadership team.
Please note this position is remunerated and is intended for an initial six-month period. There is potential, upon exemplary performance, for further progression. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are strongly interested in developing a career in public affairs. There is significant potential for the successful candidate to learn the key skills that form part of being a highly successful public affairs practitioner. Please note this position is to commence in September 2021.
Please send your CV along with a short analysis (800 words maximum) of a domestic public affairs or political campaign of your choice to email@example.com This analysis should include:
- An outline of why you have chosen this campaign
- Your analysis of the campaign’s success and what tactics were particularly impactful
- Recommendations for what you would have changed and why
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, June 30th.