Vulcan Consulting is seeking a Senior Account Executive with communications and public affairs experience to join our growing team in Dublin. He/she will work across client accounts in the green energy, healthcare, financial services and technology sectors.
The Senior Account Executive would become a key member of our team by supporting colleagues across the business in delivering innovative communications and public affairs campaigns for clients. The successful candidate will have previous agency experience in developing client relationships and in supporting the delivery of successful communications and policy campaigns.
Knowledge of the Irish domestic public policy agenda and political environment will be necessary.
- Supporting Account Managers and Account Directors with the project management of client campaigns
- Active participation in client meetings and support with rapid follow-up
- Offer thoughtful advice and recommendations to clients and team regarding media strategy, tactics and media opportunities
- Creating well-researched and effective materials including press releases, press packs, coverage reports and messaging
- Actively monitor news, print & digital media, Oireachtas business
- Identify opportunities to enhance client’s communication strategies including digital media, traditional media and social media
- Coordinate client events
- Assist with fresh content including infographics, animations and video to support written content and client objectives
- Report on all client activity, including media reports, press clippings, stakeholder engagement etc
- Work closely with colleagues to continuously monitor the policy landscape and identify risks and opportunities for clients
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience, preferably at agency level focused on supporting and delivering communications campaigns
- Enthusiastic networker, keen to participate in external events
- Good working knowledge of the Irish political system
- Excellent writing and analytical skills including a proven ability to write thoughtful press releases, client briefings, presentations and social media content
- Relevant third level qualifications e.g. Communications, Marketing, Public Affairs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to effectively engage with C-level executives and policy makers
- Is a ‘doer’ who’s highly self motivated and willing to learn
- Shows strong initiative and can act independently when necessary
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced corporate environment
Generous remuneration and terms & conditions for suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidate, with potential performance related bonus and business development bonus.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 2nd November 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be then contacted for the next stage in the interview process which will include an opportunity to present evidence of your experience in managing successful public relation campaigns.